WE CREATE HIGH-TECH PIECES THAT GUARANTEE DURABILITY AND QUALITY, RESPONDING TO THE NEED FOR ETHICAL, SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION.
COLOMBIAN HANDS CREATE OUR GARMENTS AND THE MAJORITY OF OUR MATERIALS ARE PROUDLY MADE IN-HOUSE.
WE USE ECO-FRIENDLY THREADS IN SOME OF OUR COLLECTIONS. HAVING A CONSCIOUS PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH IS LOVE FOR OUR CREATIONS, IS LEONISA’S SUSTAINABLE SPIRIT.
Vertical integration: From start to finish
- Being vertically integrated means that we create our garments (underwear, shapewear, activewear, swimwear) starting with the threads, allowing us to ensure the highest quality. This integration (preparation, weaving, finishing, bonding, cutting, manufacturing, distribution centers) allows us complete control from start to finish.
- We invest in cutting-edge technology: the latest warping machines, dyeing machines, cutters, looms, and top-quality supplies.
- Our garments are proudly made in Colombia (South America).
- We’re always looking to maintain the highest level of quality in our products, so we have a textile quality laboratory where we carry out all kinds of national and international standardized tests, which allows us to create garments to satisfy our clients’ high standards – not only in design, but in quality and functionality as well.
- Our textile laboratory is charged with ensuring compliance with the quality requirements, defined not only for our raw materials but also for finished products.
We’re committed to innovating and creating more eco-friendly garments
- How can plastic bottles be converted into pieces you can wear? We have a strategic ally (Enka) that helps us with every step of the process: gathering plastic bottles (like water, juice, or soda bottles) which are then crushed and transformed into resin balls, which are then made into threads, which ultimately become the fabric we use to create our garments.
- Today we have 5% of products from our eco line portfolio (products made with materials recycled: PET recycled, 100% cotton, 100% ecocycle cotton, eco-vero viscose, recycled nylon). Our goal is to reach 20% from products from our eco line and incorporate the new biodegradation technology, which is an additive that accelerates the thread decomposition in oceans or on land. Biodegradation occurs when material breaks down into the landfills or in the oceans and fulfill the following aspects: absence of light, humidity and microbes. The decomposition normal in polyamide is 300 years approx. and polyester is 500 years approx. with the additive for biodegradation is 3 to 5 years.